Saturday, July 26, 2014

Life and it's lessons

I can easily recall so many moments of my life where I wish I had listened to others advice when they initially offered it to me. However, like most young, rash and arrogant individuals I seldom did. Only after the fact when the realization of what could have been or I could have done had passed me by did I stop and realize how much I'd missed out on by not acknowledging the advice of others when it was constructive and worthwhile.

The advice or lessons could be about anything. Whether it was due to a relationship that others had viewed as flawed but in my desire and hopes couldn't see at the time, or simple advice on how to manage things better.

The age old phrase "could've would've, should've" is often quite appropriate. Lamenting over time I'd wasted and relationship that had torn my soul an what remained of my hope and love for people to absolute shreds do I only now begin to realize, I am grateful.  Were it not for those people or those situations, I would not have matured to become who I am today or see the world as I needed to see it.

I now carefully and with great caution select my friends, and those allow into my life. The instant someone tries to change me in accordance with how they feel I should be, I drop that relationship as abruptly as a diabetic drops sugar.  

Learning from my mistakes and situations have as I stated enabled me to grow as an individual. Who's to say that without these trials and learning experiences (mostly of being "friend-zoned" by girls or being taken advantage of in general.) I would even be remotely as level headed and friendly as I am today.

I'll continue this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment