Monday, September 1, 2014

Grateful challenge

I was recently selected by a good friend to do the Facebook grateful challenge. Upon consideration I had to withdraw from the challenge simply due to the fact that I'm grateful to myself for having the strength to do what I need or feel like each day and my friends that have enabled me to participate in amazing sports or adventures. However, in no way am I grateful to a divine being. Why? Simple, there exists no such thing as a God. all gods are and have always been a product of mankind. Whether to enslave or subjugate "gods" are merely man made constructs to control the masses. So how and why exactly should I feel grateful for that?

History is ripe with information on how we evolved and came to be. None of this is supported in any Biblical text to date. In fact HUGE portions of events which are key to religion are as we've discovered complete fables. Such as the Garden of Eden, Moses, the Jewish living as slaves  in Egypt all of it is a myth centered around how we understood and labeled things in the old world.  

That being said I concede that being grateful for the friends and joys I have is in itself a good thing. So I suppose on one hand I did complete the challenge if in an unusual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment