Monday, September 1, 2014

How I died.

The rain was coming down in torrents as I darted past the brightly lit neon signs and ducked into the alleyway. I was scared, terrified. I was being hunted. I didn't know why, only that I was going to be killed. Ahead of me were these large treatment pipes crisscrossing in an intricate pattern leading upwards towards a nearby rooftop. I climbed as quickly as I could up one pipe and shimmied onto another before he landed directly in front of me. At least I think it was a he, considering that they were wearing a weird kabuki mask and intricate kimono it was hard to discern gender.  I squared my shoulder and opened my mouth to yell something defiant. An it hit me, no matter what I did or what I said this person was going to kill me. I was going to die. That thought struck me like a thunder bolt. I raised my arms and then with a weary sigh and tears beginning to blur my vision asked quietly. "Will it hurt?" The figure paused and then slowly as if acknowledging my fear and my pain, but unable not to complete the task before them nodded. I wept openly afraid as they stepped towards me a silver glint catching my eye as they withdrew a twisted nail from their sleeve. With drew motions they twirled the object from one hand to the other, snapping their fingers to cause my gaze to slide to the right, as a spear of light drove forward heralding darkness evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment